Pop TV's Schitt's Creek: A Screening and Conversation with Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, Daniel Levy and Annie Murphy, Moderated by Vanity Fair's Richard Lawson at the 92Y.
Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
United is teaming up with famed New York community and cultural center, the 92nd Street Y (92Y), to serve as the official airline of the nonprofit's renowned Recanati-Kaplan Talks Series for 2020. For decades, 92Y has been home to New York City's largest and most successful talks series, featuring prominent artists, entertainers, musicians, scientists, comedians, political figures, fashion designers, dancers, economists and many others.
"United's shared purpose drives us to unite the world by connecting people to what matters most, which is why we are thrilled to be aligned with an organization such as the 92nd Street Y which embodies our brand's commitment," said Jill Kaplan, President, New York / New Jersey for United Airlines. "We are extremely proud to join this iconic institution in treating New Yorkers to another season of compelling commentary and captivating stories that will lift hearts, illuminate minds and bring our community together."
"We are delighted to collaborate with United Airlines for our 2020 season of Recanati-Kaplan Talks," said Susan Engel, executive director of 92Y Talks. "Their generosity helps us to continue to present unforgettable events with some of the most interesting and culturally significant speakers of our times."
Talks for the 2020 season include Larry David, the cast of Schitt's Creek, John Mulaney, Jeffrey Toobin, Paul Krugman, Samantha Bee, Queer Eye's Antoni Porowski, Diane Keaton, Issa Rae, Edie Falco, Seth Rogen, the cast of Outlander, Kevin Kline, Pod Save America's Dan Pfeiffer, Roy Wood Jr., Ronny Chieng, Noah Centineo, Ezra Klein, Malcolm Gladwell, Fareed Zakaria, Ramit Sethi, Glennon Doyle, Nicholas Kristof, Sheryl WuDunn and many more.
Every customer. Every flight. Every day.
United continues to strengthen its commitment to its customers, looking at every aspect of its business to ensure that the carrier keeps customers' best interests at the heart of its service. In addition to today's announcement, United recently:
- Announced that MileagePlus award miles will never expire
- Committed $40 million toward a new investment initiative focused on accelerating the development of sustainable aviation fuels and other decarbonization technologies
- Established Miles on a Mission, a first-of-its-kind crowdsourcing platform which gives customers a simple way to donate miles to non-profit organizations and charities in need of air travel
- Launched ConnectionSaver, a digital tool dedicated to improving the experience for customers with connecting flights
- Instituted PlusPoints, new upgrade benefits for MileagePlus Premier members
- Gave Economy customers a choice of complimentary snacks on domestic flights
- Made DIRECTV free for every customer on more than 200 aircraft