The safety, well-being and health of its customers and employees alike are at the heart of Thalys' concerns.
In this unprecedented crisis and before the gradual resumption of its activities, Thalys decided to take strict health and safety measures. They apply in all its trains, during each journey, for all the destinations served.
“As an international carrier, we have an important responsibility. This is why we have decided, for the gradual resumption of our services, to make three commitments to our customers and our employees:
- maximum safety , by wearing a compulsory mask and respecting barrier gestures,
- enhanced hygiene with regular cleaning of our trains,
- mobilization of all our employees to support and protect our customers.
These commitments are the priority of all of us. » Declared Bertrand Gosselin, CEO of Thalys.
Since May 4, Thalys has imposed the wearing of a mask (“general public” mask) on all travelers who board its trains, on its entire network. Customers who do not wear a mask are not allowed on board.
To protect its customers and employees, Thalys encourages everyone to adopt barrier gestures:
- Avoid contact with other travelers.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Cough or sneeze into his elbow.
- Use disposable tissues and throw them away.
- Limit travel on the train during the trip.
In addition, Thalys provides the necessary items for washing hands in the toilets of its trains.
Cleaning reinforced with preventive disinfection on board our trains is carried out each time the train arrives at the station or workshop, i.e. several times a day.
The surfaces treated with preventive disinfection are:
- Passenger areas: shelves, door handles, grab handles, ventilation grilles under windows, blind bars, bin lids.
- Sanitary facilities: preventive disinfection of all surfaces (WC, sinks, ventilation grids).
- Platforms: hand racks, door handles, push buttons, bin lids, service telephones, glass surfaces.
- Bar area: tables, push buttons, door handles, bin lids, ventilation grids under windows.
Staff mobilized to support and protect our customers
Since the first days of the Covid-19 crisis, Thalys has raised awareness and trained all its employees in barrier gestures. A health watch for all employees was put in place in March.
For the protection of its employees, Thalys has provided them with masks. On boarding, bollard devices fitted with protective glass were installed. Furthermore, if a customer presents symptoms on board a Thalys, the Train Manager has surgical masks to isolate the customer. The Train Manager is also in close contact with the Company's Operational Center which will coordinate information for the competent health authorities.