While not everyone will have the chance to see the new livery in person, anyone will be able to track United's Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker-themed aircraft via special icon on FlightAware, the world's largest online flight tracking platform. For the first time, aviation and Star Wars enthusiasts can track past and future flights on both desktop and mobile by entering the plane's tail number and the new livery will appear on FlightAware's flight tracking maps as the X-Wing starship.
Safety is our highest priority
The new inflight safety demonstration video highlights United's lasting commitment to the safety of all the airline's customers and employees traveling to places "far, far away." In addition to United employees providing safety instructions on what do to in the unlikely event of an emergency, the video features special appearances by several iconic Star Wars characters and thrilling, space-themed sequences scored to some of the most recognizable musical themes in both motion picture and commercial aviation history. The safety video also highlights some of the many international destinations United serves within the airline's galaxy. To view the safety video, please visit: united.com/starwars.
Connecting People. Uniting the Worlds
Beginning today, on MileagePlus Exclusives, members will be able to bid award miles on several unique Star Wars experiences including:
- Access to attend the premieres of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in Los Angeles and London
- Travel packages for four to visit Star Wars filming locations in Jordan to see how the filmmakers transformed the landscape for the movie
- Access to exclusive screenings of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in United hub cities on December 19
- Special collectors package enabling members to take home a piece of Star Wars and United Airlines. The package features commemorative United and Star Wars branded items including Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker-themed amenity kits, special pins and a model aircraft of United's Star-Wars-themed Boeing 737-800
For more information, please visit: MileagePlus Exclusives.
Every customer. Every flight. Every day.
In 2019, United is focusing more than ever on its commitment to its customers, looking at every aspect of its business to ensure that the carrier keeps customers' best interests at the heart of its service. In addition to today's announcement, this year United:
- Announced that MileagePlus award miles will never expire
- Gave Economy customers a choice of complimentary snacks on domestic flights
- Made DIRECTV free for every customer on more than 200 aircraft
- Released a new version of the award-winning, most downloaded app in the airline industry
- Launched a new tool called ConnectionSaver, dedicated to improving the experience for customers with connecting flights
- Partnered with CLEAR on free or discounted memberships for MileagePlus members
- Announced PlusPoints, new upgrade benefits for MileagePlus Premier members
- And introduced products in its amenity kits made exclusively for the airline by luxury skincare line Sunday Riley
United's shared purpose is "Connecting People. Uniting the World." We are more focused than ever on our commitment to customers through a series of innovations and improvements designed to help build a great experience: Every customer. Every flight. Every day. Together, United and United Express operate approximately 4,900 flights a day to 358 airports across five continents. In 2018, United and United Express operated more than 1.7 million flights carrying more than 158 million customers. United is proud to have the world's most comprehensive route network, including U.S. mainland hubs in Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/Newark, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. United operates 788 mainline aircraft and the airline's United Express partners operate 560 regional aircraft. United is a founding member of Star Alliance, which provides service to 195 countries via 26 member airlines. For more information, visit united.com, follow @United on Twitter and Instagram or connect on Facebook. The common stock of United's parent, United Airlines Holdings, Inc., is traded on the Nasdaq under the symbol "UAL".
About Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Lucasfilm and director J.J. Abrams join forces once again to take viewers on an epic journey to a galaxy far, far away with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the riveting conclusion of the seminal Skywalker saga, where new legends will be born and the final battle for freedom is yet to come.
The film stars Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Anthony Daniels, Naomi Ackie, Domhnall Gleeson, Richard E. Grant, Lupita Nyong'o, Keri Russell, Joonas Suotamo, Kelly Marie Tran, with Ian McDiarmid and Billy Dee Williams
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is directed by J.J. Abrams and produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Abrams and Michelle Rejwan. Callum Greene, Tommy Gormley and Jason McGatlin serve as executive producers. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker was written by J.J. Abrams & Chris Terrio and opens in U.S. theaters on December 20.
Miles, awards and benefits are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. For details, see www.united.com. For details relating to United's MileagePlus Exclusives see https://exclusives.mileageplus.com/Home/Terms
Source : United Airlines