At this year's annual Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg, Germany, United Airlines was awarded the Crystal Cabin Award for Inflight Entertainment and Connectivity for its new onboard entertainment interface, which recently debuted on the airline's 787-10 Dreamliner fleet. The highly coveted award, which is the standard by which airlines, manufacturers, suppliers and design and engineering firms are judged, recognized the efforts of United and its partners at Panasonic Avionics to provide customers with what is the most accessible airline entertainment system in the world.
This new system offers the world's most extensive suite of accessibility features on seatback entertainment, which accommodates any level of vision, as well as provides support for customers with hearing and mobility issues. These features include:
- Text-to-speech with reading granularity options
- Customizable voice volume, speed and pitch
- Explore by touch features including screen magnification, customizable text size, high contrast text options, color correction options and color inversion options
- Custom messaging tailored for customers with hearing disabilities
- Additional navigation options for mobility impaired passengers who are unable to swipe or use handset features
The system also provides the following enhancements that improve the overall experience for all customers:
- Split screen capabilities that allow customers to watch a movie and view the flight map simultaneously
- A relax mode that lets customers customize a selection of soothing videos and relaxing audio playlists
- Movie and television recommendations based on remaining flight time, previously watched content and movies and shows that have been added to a customer's favorites list.
United also won the Onboard Hospitality Award for Best Use of Onboard Technology for the seatback entertainment system. The carrier expects to add this award-winning entertainment system to other aircraft beginning later this year. For more information on the Crystal Cabin awards, visit http://www.crystal-cabin-award.com/cca-news-realeases/article/honoring-8-top-innovations-for-air-travel.html .
Every customer. Every flight. Every day.
In 2019, United is focusing more than ever on its commitment to its customers, looking at every aspect of its business to ensure that the carrier keeps customers' best interests at the heart of its service. In addition to today's announcement, United recently announced that luxury skincare line Sunday Riley will make products exclusively for United customers to experience in amenity kits, released a re-imagined version of the most downloaded app in the airline industry and made DIRECTV free for every passenger on 211 aircraft, offering more than 100 channels on seat back monitors on more than 30,000 seats.
Source : www.united.com