One of the brightest stars in Switzerland’s rail network, the GoldenPass line stretches nearly 150 miles from Lucerne to Lake Geneva. Travelers enjoy unforgettable views of so many of Switzerland’s highlights from Montreux to Zweisimmen as they relax aboard panoramic trains.
Montreux > Zweisimmen > Interlaken > Brünig Pass > Lucerne
- GoldenPass Line is the world’s first panoramic train put into service between Montreux and Zweisimmen. It remains the only line in Switzerland offering VIP seating at the front of the train giving a driver’s eye view.
- These ultra-modern trains are the only ones to give the traveller the unique sensation of being totally at one with the “grandeur” of the unfolding landscape.
- Leaving Montreux, the line rises above Lake Geneva allowing a full view of the magnificent landscape of the Lake Region as it spreads out. At Jaman, it plunges through a tunnel into the mountains, changing valleys and heading for the world famous resorts of Châteaux d’Oex and Gstaad. The line attains its culminating point (1,274m/4180ft) before reaching Zweisimmen, from where the traveller can continue the trip with the GoldenPass Panoramic towards Interlaken and Lucerne.
- Panorama Coaches and dining options
Lucerne - Interlaken Ost
- Panorama coaches in 1st class
- Dining car
Interlaken Ost - Zweisimmen
- Salon coaches in 1st class
- Railbar service
Zweisimmen - Montreux
- GoldenPass Classic or GoldenPass Panoramic
- Train Numbers 2217/2127/2216/3126 are GoldenPass Classic services
- Railbar service
- Panorama coaches in 1st and 2nd class
- "Grande vue" VIP front seats (spec. supplement required)
- Prices may vary depending on the accommodation.
- Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (including Switzerland), Swiss Pass, Swiss FlexiPass, Swiss Youth Pass are valid on the entire journey (reservation additional). The whole trip from Lucerne to Montreux is covered by the Pass.
1st class Open Ticket on the following routes:
- Lucerne - Montreux
- Lucerne - Interlaken
- Interlaken - Gstaad
- Spiez - Montreux
- Gstaad - Montreux
- Trains tickets can be booked up to 90 days before train departure date.
For further enquiries, please contact us at: email@example.com or any of our offices at:
GSA OFFICE: PACIFIC WORLD TRAVEL SDN BHD
Suite 1001, Level 10, Wisma Lim Foo Yong, 86, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
T: +603 2141 3080 | F: +603 2148 1357