The Bernina Express runs through the ancient landscape of Switzerland‘s beautiful Grisons (Graubünden) making short work of the 55 tunnels, 196 bridges and steep inclines along the way. Special observation cars will let you admire the route as well as the mighty glaciers, viaducts and palm trees from the comfort of your seat. The final stretch of the Bernina Express line has been classed as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2008. For some southern charm you change in Tirano to the Bernina Express Bus which will take you onwards to Ticino. Through the vineyards to Veltlin and along the banks of Lake Como this lovely journey ends in Lugano, Ticino’s largest town.
Chur/Davos/St. Moritz > Bernina Pass > Poschiavo > Tirano (> Lugano)
- Cross the Alps from North to South (or vice-versa) in style.
- Technical buffs will enjoy knowing that the train climbs up to the 2253m/7391ft high Bernina Pass without the help of a rack-andpinion mechanism.
- The section between Thusis and Tirano has been classed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- The train runs all year long and in summer, an optional bus connects Tirano (Italy) to Lugano.
- All trains operate with 1st and 2nd class panoramic coaches.
- The entire trip is narrated
- Tickets are issued as Open tickets.
- Reservation is mandatory.
- Reservation for travel on Bernina Express Trains and buses is compulsory.
- Passes valid on the Bernina Express: Swiss Pass, Swiss Flexi Pass, Eurail and InterRail Passes covering Switzerland.
- Reservation is non exchangeable and non refundable.
- Trains tickets can be booked up to 90 days before train departure date.
For further enquiries, please contact us at: RAILEUROPE@pacificworld.travel or any of our offices at:
GSA OFFICE: PACIFIC WORLD TRAVEL SDN BHD
Level 6, Lion Office Tower, 1, Jalan Nagasari, 50200 Kuala Lumpur
T: +603 2141 3080 | F: +603 2148 1357
Unit 118, 1st Floor, Penang Plaza, 126 Jalan Burmah, 10050 Penang
T: +604 229 3754 | F: +604 226 9654
Suite M1-03A,Mezzanine Floor, Menara MAA, 6 Lorong Api-Api Satu, 88000 Kota Kinabalu
T: +6088 484 730 | F: +6088 484 740