DB Bahn Trains doing everything possible to guarantee safe travel for their passengers.
The most important thing is up to you. Always take care by regularly washing your hands, wearing a face mask, maintaining physical distance when boarding and alighting, and following the hygiene guidelines wherever you are. This will help protect you and other travelers.
They have put effective safety measures in place on our trains.
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask on all trains operated by Deutsche Bahn.
Please wear your face mask the entire train journey as well as at stations and stops. In doing so, you are complying with the regulations applicable in all federal states. Violations are punishable by travel bans and fines.
- On our trains, our employees wear masks that cover the mouth and nose.
- Currently, their employees scan tickets or perform visual checks to confirm validity. Simply present a printed ticket, or use the DB Navigator app on your smartphone to show your digital ticket.
- Digital subscriptions give commuters in Germany a fully contactless option for buying and displaying tickets.
- The trains are thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis. Handles and surfaces around doors and at seats get extra-special treatment.
- On many of the trains (incl. ICE/IC), hand-washing facilities in the on-board toilets now also include disinfectant. They make sure that soap and hand sanitiser dispensers are always full.
- When the relevant technology is present, we open the doors of our S-Bahn trains automatically. This way, no passenger has to press any door button.
- Passenger announcements on trains and at platforms tell travellers to make use of all doors when boarding and alighting. This helps people to maintain maximum physical distance.
- If you need any information about travelling, cancellation conditions or goodwill arrangements, please go to bahn.com/corona.